Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Recipe Thursday

Here is a recipe for Alfredo Sauce sent in for the 'Do You Have' page! I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I can't wait! Thanks for sending it in Ashlyn!
Btw, if you haven't checked out the things in the 'Do You Have' page or you have something to send in let me know! 
Jordan



Alfredo Sauce

I saw that and here is the best recipe ever for Alfredo sauce- it is awesome! (in fact, when you go to Italian restaurants an order fettuccine Alfredo after tasting this- you will be disappointed!;) (For our family I have to quadruple this)
1. Melt 2 TBS Butter in a saucepan.
2. Add 1/2 C heavy whipping cream.
3. Bring to a low boil. Keep an eye in it as it has a tendency to boil over! But it is really important to bring it to a low boil! Worst step to mess up! If it is not at a low boil, when you add the cheese it will sink to the bottom and become a burnt mess!
4. Add 1/2 C Parmesan cheese, stirring constantly with a whisk. (if it's at boil it will melt almost instantly)!
5. Let sit 3-5 minutes, to let it thicken. Serve! You can season w/ salt and pepper if desired!;)

I know I overemphasized the boil part! It's just that I've messed it up several times when I have been in a hurry and I didn't let it boil, and it was a complete failure! Its disgusting with all the cheese stuck to the bottom with the cream up top!
-Ashlyn Y. IL-

No comments: