Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year Resolutions


New Year Resolutions...
So many people do different things!  I for one think that new year resolutions are really good!  I think we need a time to look at our life and take note of things that we need, or want to change!  This is something I think the Lord wants us to do on a daily basis but New Year is a good time to start the year out fresh and on track.

Resolutions can be in many different areas!
They can be Spiritual.  Like...

- Bible Reading
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
Ps. 119:11
 Reading through your Bible in a year, or a month.  I even did it once in 2 months and that was really neat!  I was reading so much Bible each day that I was thinking Bible the whole day!  Which really gave me a totally different perspective on my day!  I highly recomend it!

- Or maybe just being consistent in reading the Bible every day.

- Memorizing God's Word.
When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee.
For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life:
Prov. 6:22-23 

- If your looking for something different and you've already done the above things here's something I bought earlier this year and am LOVING!!!!!
It's the Reese Chronological Bible.  It has the whole Bible in chronological order, the way things happened!  Which has been sooooo COOL!  Like did you know that Adam died right before Enoch was translated? or Seth died right before Noah was born?  and Noah died right before Abraham was born!  And this Bible doesn't start in Genesis, it starts in John 1:1-2, then Ps. 90:2, then Genesis 1:1.  And right after that it puts Is. 14 in there where it talks about the fall of satan!
It has really sparked a new interest and love of studying the Bible, I encourage any of you that wants a new way of studying God's Word to check it out!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have! 



- Personal Character

- Maybe your like me and talk too much or don't think before you speak.  One of my resolutions is going to be to think more before I say something and even just being silent more often. 
In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.
Prov. 10:19

- Or, another one I have to work on, is being more of a servant to others.
For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
1 Cor. 9:19

They can be Physical...

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.
1 Cor. 6:19-20

- Like eating habits.  This is another one of mine.   Eating less to no sweets and eating more fruits and veggies and drinking more water!

- Or another one for me also is exercising!  Especially during these cold winter months that don't involve very many outdoor activities!

- Or even sending lots of ideas into the Just For Fun blog!  ;D  Just kidding!  Just kidding!  (Though I wouldn't mind if this was one of your resolutions. ;)

They could also be Mental...

Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.
Prov. 3:13-14

- Reading on specific interests throughout the year that will increase your knowledge and wisdom that can benefit you in future years!

So whatever be the case I do encourage you to make a few resolutions for this new year.  And I pray we can make them last the whole year!  ;D

I would love to hear what your resolutions are if there are some you don't mind sharing!  It may give me some more ideas for myself!  ;)

Jordan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jo! Good post.
One of my resolutions is to write out a portion of the Bible every day. I just listened to a message, and this lady did this with her children, and they said it helped them love and learn the Bible so well! They said it was hard at first, but they loved it after a while! So, that is mine!

- Jen C.