Here's one more yummy looking dessert to end the week!
Fruity Oatmeal Bars
We made these last night for my stamp party, but I used peach spreadable fruit & didn't add the water cuz it was a bit thin
They were very good & easy.
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, oats and butter until crumbly. Press 3 cups of the crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir preserves and water until blended. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Yield: 2 dozen.
Janae H. IL