Monday, November 8, 2010

Crafty Monday

And let the Follower Contest begin!  :)


************************************


Here's a good drawing excercise for all you artists out there!
This really helps if you are wanting to draw leaves but it can be used for other subjects as well.

Take a light colored peice of paper and lay the leaves on top in the pattern you would like.



Then make a paper frame, out of a dark color, to go around the edge of your paper. 


Lay it on top of your paper with leaves.


Now, take your drawing paper and pencil and just focus on the negative spaces and draw them.  Don't look at the leaves just the areas around them and draw those.  After you have all the negative spaces drawn you will find the outlines of the leaves on your paper.


Now go back in and add the details!  :D

- Jordan -

2 comments:

Blythe said...

I don't want to sound judgemental or anything,but if you changed your blogs backround it would be easier to read!! Maybe it's just me,but I have to strain to read it!! Cause the backround it white and black and it's just hard to read!
It is a wonderful blog and I'm enjoying it :)
If you ever wanted a header I could make you one (I enjoy doing it)!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for letting me know! I've been thinking I should probably change it.
I'm so glad you are enjoying it! Sometimes I wonder if girls really are.
About the Header, I'll keep you in mind! I have something I'm going to try if I can ever get around to it. But if that doesn't work I'll let you know! Thanks for your offer! :)
God Bless!
Jordan