Thursday, November 11, 2010

Recipe Thursday

All new followers make sure you leave a comment to tell me who invited you!  And those of you who are doing the inviting if you know someone that joined that you invited then would you please tell me if you see they didn't leave a comment.
------------------------------

Here's a menu that I fixed yesterday for lunch and it was a big hit!  :)

~ Menu ~

Grilled Chicken Citrus Salad
Green Bean Medley
Baked Potatoes

- Grilled Chicken Citrus Salad -

My brothers aren't too keen on eating salads.  So sometimes if I add a fruit that helps a little bit.  ;)


What You'll Need:
Lettuce of your choice
Grilled chicken, diced
Can of Mandarin oranges
Slivered or sliced almonds
Bacon bits

Spread lettuce in the bowl or plate.  Sprinkle with oranges, almonds, and bacon.  Then top with chicken!
(Best if served with homemade Poppy Seed Dressing >coming soon<.)

- Green Bean Medley -


Bag of frozen green beans
2 T. oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Container fresh mushrooms, sliced
Garlic Powder
Salt or Seasoning salt

In a big skillet heat 2 T. oil.  Pour in green beans, onions, and mushrooms.  Add some garlic powder and salt.  Cover and cook on medium heat til green beans are tender, stirring occasionally.

- Baked Potatoes -

No instructions here!  I'm sure you all know how to bake a potato.  We like to oil our skins before baking.  It helps keep the skins softer.  And since it's that time of year I threw in some sweet potatoes too!



Well, I hope this was a help!  I always love it when cook books have menus in them.  It helps me, especially when I'm short on time, come up with a whole meal without having to sit and come up with one!  Hope some of you will send some in!  I'd LOVE to see them!

Jordan

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hello Jordan!
I am a new follower, coming from "A Simple Farmgirl", who posted about your blog. I hope to look around some more!
Please stop by my blog sometime. =)
Blessings,
~Annie~

Blythe said...

Yummy!!